Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Germany

I traveled to Germany this past August, and I'm just finally putting all of my pictures up! I will post the pictures according to which city I was in during this first trip to Europe.

This first post is of my first day after arriving in Berlin, Germany.



Flying over the USA!


Their subways are yellow- one of the greatest things about Berlin.


My friend Johanna's awesome apartment view


Reunited with my German friend!


The TV Tower in Berlin


Eating a doner, a Turkish pita-like wrap- amazing


In front of the Parliament Building



One of the train stations to get around the city


The German "white house"


Berlin Victory Column



Parliament Building


Brandenburger Tor (aka Brandenburg Gate)


The US Embassy!




The Holocaust Memorial- breathtaking symbolism and architecture.




A piece of the Berlin Wall


Potsdamer Platz 




Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral)



Inside the Berliner Dom


Views from atop the Berliner Dom





Site at Opernplatz (Bebelplatz) of the German book burnings of 1933




The bear is the symbol of German's capital city


A world clock in Berlin


The Berlin Wall





The sign for a subway stop - many of them had iconic designs.
And I saw all of this in just one day!
More cities and pictures to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment