Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Excitement

I have fantastic news: I was accepted to a summer nursing internship program! I am extremely excited because I will be working within the OB/Labor and Delivery Unit there. This is definitely going to be a life-changing summer, and I certainly cannot wait for it to begin! 

My clinical experiences have been incredible thus far and it's only a couple weeks into the semester. I know that there is so much more to learn in nursing and I have grown so much already. I constantly am looking forward to future things, like the summer internship, but I know I should focus on the present as well. 

Working with my patients over the past few weeks has been eye-opening. The importance of family and finding strength in those around you has become salient in my own life. Being able to communicate empathy in difficult situations is an extremely useful skill to acquire and it forces you to stand in the family's shoes. The lessons I learn with my patients are always relevant to the world outside the hospital, which is an amazing thing. 

Thanks for reading,
-H

1 comment: